Good Fellowship, Good Runs

Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Hermosa Beach Centennial 5000


Well, it was a beautiful morning for a run. Unfortunately, a thousand other people thought the same thing. Today was the first annual Hermosa Beach Centennial 5000, a series of 5K races which started at the Hermosa Pier. Actually, it was a fun atmosphere as I showed up to meet the other runners, wondering how in the world I'd find them. I did eventually find one of the families and we went for a nice run south on the Strand, turning around at Redondo Beach pier. I'll have to keep this race in mind for next year.

One other thing. The family I ran with had a younger daughter who rode her bike, so that is an option for families whose kids might not want to run with us at Elijah's Running Club.

No comments: