Good Fellowship, Good Runs

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Long Distance Runners Wanted

Sorry about slacking off the last couple weeks and not posting. We cancelled last weekend's run since a few folks were going to be out of town. I drove down to Aliso Viejo to pick up my free Avia running shoes after being one of the first 1000 to register for the OC Marathon, which will be on 6 January. I didn't make it for the entire morning's festivities, but they had a trail run, some motivational speakers and coaching clinics, free running and T-shirts, a delicious pasta lunch, and free massages. It appeared well organized and was in a beautiful location (for an office complex).

As the title of this post suggests, I'm looking for some folks who are interested in running some longer distances with me on Saturdays. I am still going to run the "Fun Run" from Hermosa Pier to Manhattan Pier and back, but I'd also like to do some longer runs after using the Fun Run as a warmup run. I'm just over a month from running the Disneyland Half-Marathon, so I'm starting to ramp up the mileage on the weekends. And I'll keep it up as I start my OC Marathon training. So anyone who wants to go a little longer can show up at 8:00 am at the Surfer statue at Hermosa Pier to warm up with the Fun Run and then stick around for a longer run. Or you can just show up around 8:30 if you want to sleep in a bit later.

Happy Running!

No comments: