Good Fellowship, Good Runs

Saturday, July 7, 2007

New Attendance Record!

First of all, congratulations to Nancy for running in the Redondo Beach 4th of July 5K race! It's great for motivation to enter a few races a year.

We had our largest turnout so far at ten!!! The morning marine layer was back again this morning. Nice and cool, but a little humid. Today there were a couple events going on. The U.S. Paddleboard Championship was being held right by the Hermosa Beach Pier. There was also a rowing competition being held, but I'm not sure what that was all about.

I've heard through the Hope Chapel grapevine that at least one person has not shown up for Elijah's Running Club because we don't run far enough for them (this person is a marathoner). My response to that would be that I will run as far as you guys want, since I'm getting started in training for the Disneyland Half-Marathon. We can do the Pier to Pier and back as a warmup and then do a good 6-8 mile run or longer if you'd like. My goal is to get as many folks out as possible with a wide variety of running levels.

Well, have a great week and happy running!

No comments: