Good Fellowship, Good Runs

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Results

Well, I finished the Disneyland Half-Marathon. Considering that it was about 80 degrees at the start (at 6 am!), I'm happy with how I finished. My time was 1:41:34. That was my chip time. It took 26 seconds to get to the starting line after the start.

The route was nice, mostly flat. It was interesting running through the two Disney parks, having various characters cheering you on. I gave high-fives to a couple monsters from Monsters, Inc. And running through Angels Stadium was pretty cool. They had the Angels' announcer calling out names as we rounded home plate with our image being put up on the huge jumbotron screen in left field.

I was very impressed with the organization of the race. Very well-organized for only their 2nd annual race. I'll be running it again next year, but we might make a weekend of it and stay in a hotel close by or maybe at the Disneyland Hotel itself.

No comments: