Good Fellowship, Good Runs

Friday, September 28, 2007

Wimping Out

Okay, I will admit it: I wimped out last weekend. Friday evening, we had the first rain in what seemed like years in the South Bay. So I'm sitting in our house, enjoying being dry and warm and thought, "Man, it would be nice to be able to sleep in a little." So I wimped out and cancelled the fun-run on Saturday morning.

That is the last time that I will cancel the run due to weather, unless there's a hurricane coming or thunderstorms or something life-threatening. So there's my commitment--come rain or shine, we're running. No wimps in Elijah's Running Club.

That's one of the toughest things to master when you're first getting into the whole running thing. The mental part. It's getting over the "Oh, I really don't feel like getting up and going out there to run for miles and miles." I've gotten to the point where I set the alarm and when it goes off, I just get up and don't think about the possibility of lying back down. Because I know that I'll feel good once I get out there. Because I know that I'll feel even better once I'm done.

So bottom line: we're running tomorrow.

No comments: